How Can I Be Saved
How Can a Person Be Born Again?
The Bible is very clear on the necessity of a person being "Born Again" if they are to receive eternal life. Jesus coined this term, in John 3:3-7, when he told Nicodemus, "You must be born again" to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Since this necessity is so critical, Satan has attacked it with all his might for two thousand years, causing a lot of "Christian" churches to stop teaching this doctrine, even though no one can be saved without undergoing this wondrous spiritual conversion. However, Satan's most effective weapon against being Born Again has been, and still is, confusion. Fortunately, Jesus lovingly made this transformation process very simple, so simple that anyone with an open mind is able to understand it. There are several steps to becoming Born Again.
1. Understand that everyone is a sinner. Romans 3:23, says, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." This message that all men are sinners is repeated throughout Scripture . This means you are a sinner in the eyes of God, Who must punish all sin. First of all, do you believe you are a sinner?
2. Since man is an imperfect sinner, and God is a perfect God, no man can save himself. Jesus made this fact very plain in Matthew 5:48, when He said, "Be ye, therefore, perfect, even as your Heavenly Father is perfect."! If we all have to be perfect in God's eyes, how can there be anyone in Heaven, especially since the Bible declares, repeatedly, that ALL people are sinners? Obviously, no one is going to get to Heaven by trying to be 'good enough' . So, there must be some other way to get there, other than our own goodness.
The Bible says we must Repent. The word Repent means to both be very sorry for your sins, and to want to not sin anymore. Repentance means the desire to turn your life around 180 degrees. This does not mean you will never sin again, but it does mean that sin will not rule your life. The Holy Spirit will make you more aware of sin in your life and help you deal with it.
3. When the sinless Son of God, Jesus Christ, shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary, He died for the sins of the world and became our sacrificial substitute. And in doing so, He suffered the wrath of God the Father for that sin. He paid the penalty for that sin in His own body and purchased our eternal redemption. This enables Him to give as a free gift His own holiness and righteousness to those who believe in Him and trust Him for salvation. Making us absolutely perfect in God's sight! Romans 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." None of us deserve to be saved. In His love and mercy God extends grace to those who will believe. Grace is defined as "undeserved love and favor".
4. In Ephesians 2:8-9, Paul says "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God; Not of works, lest any man should boast." No man can stand before God in eternity, and boast that they 'earned' their way to Heaven. All people in Heaven will be there only because of Jesus' and His FREE Gift, which He obtained from God because of His substitutionary death on the Cross. Rather than punishing each person's individual sins, God heaped all those sins on Jesus on the Cross, Isaiah 53:2-12]
You're probably thinking, 'How can I obtain this free gift of eternal life'? Again, the Bible is not silent. In Acts 16:25-33, the jailer anxiously asked Paul, "What must I do to be saved"? Paul answered "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved ..." verse 31". You must BELIEVE on Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. To truly believe, you must place your complete faith and trust in Christ and rely upon Him as your only hope of salvation and eternal life. This is a matter of the heart and you cannot hope to deceive God by putting on an act because He knows everything about you. Many people mistakenly think that by merely believing the facts concerning Jesus Christ's death, burial, and resurrection, they will automatically be given the gift of eternal life. But such is not the case. Preachers call that thinking "head knowledge and not a heart knowledge." Salvation is freely given, but only to those who are genuine believers.
5. In John 1:1, 14, we see that Jesus Christ is God, equal with God, present with God from before the beginning of time, and the actual Creator of the Universe. He is 100% God and 100% human at the same time, which is why He used both titles during His ministry, Son of God and Son of Man. To become Born Again, you must believe this truth about Jesus Christ. In 1 John 4:1-3, we see that anyone who denies that Jesus has come in the flesh has the spirit of antichrist.
6. Isaiah 53:6 foretells exactly what Jesus Christ did for us on the Cross; "The Lord [God the Father] has laid on Him the iniquity of us all." God's Nature is such that sin must be punished. Period! But, God set up a Plan whereby an innocent substitute was to be punished instead of the guilty person. In the Old Testament, God allowed the lamb to be the substitute sacrifice for sin; Jesus then became the ultimate substitute sacrifice, for all the sins of the world. His was the Perfect sacrifice, that never needs to be repeated, and that saves all people forever more. You must believe in, and understand, this principle of Substitute Punishment, before you can become Born Again. And, you must believe that Jesus Christ became the Perfect Substitute Punishment for YOU.
Now that you understand these Truths, and believe them for yourself, you now need to understand how you can receive salvation through Jesus Christ. Romans 5:8 declares, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Jesus' death paid for the price of our sins. Jesus' resurrection proves that God accepted Jesus' death as the payment for our sins. Salvation comes through faith in the finished work of Jesus on the Cross. The Bible says "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God." The Holy Spirit draws those who will be saved by the word of salvation.
Romans 10:9 says "That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." All we have to do is believe in Him, trusting His death as the payment for our sins - and we will be saved! Romans 10:13 says it again, "For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Jesus died to pay the penalty for our sins and rescue us from eternal death. Salvation, the forgiveness of sins, is available to anyone who will trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
Romans 5:1 has this wonderful message, "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Through Jesus Christ we can have a relationship of peace with God. Romans 8:1 teaches us, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Because of Jesus' death on our behalf, we will never be condemned for our sins.
If you can admit that you are a sinner in need of a Savior, then pray this simple prayer and receive the Free gift of God of eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
"Dear God, I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven. With your help, I turn away from my sin and place my trust in You for salvation. Thank You for Your wonderful grace and forgiveness. In Jesus name, Amen!"
If you need help in any way, please let us know..